Tuesday, August 25, 2009

SAT Examination

June 6th, 09, Saturday

The date of our (SD scholars) SAT examination. The day we wished we could repeat. The day we wish we were better prepared for....

Here's a bit of my experience taking the SAT examination that I would like to share with all. Hopefully anyone reading this blog would find it useful.

For me, the SAT examination is somewhat damn difficult, especially the Critical Reading and the Essay part (but not the Math part:)) for my weakness is in English language. Taking the SAT exam without a good preparation; I would consider as suicide.

For the past 3 months before the exam day, I did not had enough practices for the Critical Reading and Writing. Yes, we (SD scholars) do have lecturer for SAT Writing but the thing is: we were so focused on the essay, and essay alone that we (or rather, I) sort of "completely" ignored/forgotten about the other parts of the Writing section (grammar etc.). So, during the exam day, I sort of went through hell for not having a proper preparation.

As for the Critical Reading...yeah...that is another hell I went through. The vocabulary was too high, the passage was too long & difficult to cope with (that is for me. Again as I said earlier, my English sucks). I had headache reading the passage, trying to understand wth is the author trying to convey....

I R.E.A.L.L.Y. wish I was more prepared that day. I really wish I had a lecturer to help & guide me along the way. I really wish I did more SAT practices...*sigh*

*I'll update this CR & Writing with further details later, this is just sort of intro. Hope that those reading this would find it useful..:p*

3 comments:

Iswari said...

who is cookie n who is cookies? =p

d peacemaker said...

LOL..cute names my dears, but then, u guys are cute nway. (sincere from d bottomless pit of my heart)

yeah, i think readers out there should read this intro post seriously coz after this, many more wud come. we would love to share our answering SAt experiences with all of you. do ask questions along the way and together, we will learn something.

to cookie and cookies, keep the crunchy posts coming!

Pauline said...

please don't be suicidal...don't let this horrendous test take u down..we shall take it down instead..(hopefully)lol

Post a Comment